I know you care.
- Ringer - Gave it a shot. Sarah Michelle Gellar or not, it was so atrociously bad. However, now we all know how to pronounce “Siobhan”.
- Up All Night - Kelly Bundy and Gob Bluth as exasperated parents, very very funny. Maya Rudolph as Oprah, not funny (yet).
- New Girl - If you like Zooey Deschanel being her most Zooey Deschanel, you’ll like it. It’ll be weaker without Damon Wayans Jr. (who goes back to the very underrated Happy Endings).
On The Fence
- Free Agents - I usually like shows based on British shows. And this has Giles from Buffy in it. It’s just not that funny. One more try.
- 2 Broke Girls - The first of the two shows in this section by Whitney Cummings. It’s only getting a second shot because of Kat Dennings. Every scene in the restaurant is bad 70s sitcom-level bad.
- Whitney - The second of the two Whitney Cummings show. Aside from the horribly insensitive (but funny) blackface joke, every scene in the entire show was bad 70s sitcom-level bad.
- Charlie’s Angels - Lyla Garrity. What went wrong? I didn’t realize anyone would actually write the words “I never thought my heart could hurt this much” in a script and mean it seriously. It’s only going to get another try because I half-expect Tim Riggins to show up.
Haven’t Seen Yet, But Will Try
- Terra Nova - Sci-fi from Steven Spielberg (or maybe Senor Spielbergo …) so it should be good. Then you realize it’s got the Brannon Braga, so it’ll probably suck.
- Hart of Dixie - Summer Roberts from The OC. I’ll give it a try.
- Suburgatory - Good cast, horrible name. Horrible name.
- How To Be A Gentleman - Eh, I probably won’t try it until I give up on Charlie’s Angels. It’s got Dave Foley. So it could be good. On the other hand, it’s on CBS, which aside from How I Met Your Mother, is toxic to me (you know, because I’m not a 64 year old woman).
- Pan Am - I guess it could be ok. I’m sort of sick of period shows. Unless they are fake and British like Cougarton Abbey or Inspector Spacetime.
Haven’t Seen Yet, And You’d Have to Pay Me To Try
- Last Man Standing - If it had Al or Wilson, I might try it.
- Man Up! - No! And some how Amanda Detmer is now 40. It seems like just yesterday she got splattered by that bus.
- Revenge - I don’t watch ABC Family shows. Even if they’re on ABC proper.
Haven’t Seen Yet, And You Couldn’t Pay Me To Try
- Any CBS Hour Long Drama/Procedural About People Who Are Special And Right Wrongs - Again, I’m not menopausal.
- H8R - i.e. Mario Lopez is pissed that he’s on Extra and Zack is on TNT.
- The X-Factor - The only performance show for me is The Sing-off.
- The Secret Circle - The only CW show for me is Supernatural.
- The Playboy Club - Seriously?! I should be in charge of NBC. Actually, I shouldn’t. The shows I like all have atrocious ratings.